WEST LIBERTY, W.Va., Jan. 6, 2021 — As campus prepares to greet its students safely for the Jan. 19, 2021 start of the spring semester, the West Liberty University Office of Housing and Residence Life has issued information for the move-in process in order to follow all safety precautions due to the pandemic while following CDC and West Virginia statewide safety requirements.
Limitations WLU Will Manage
- Students will be able to select specific move in date and time frame preferences on the form below. Select four different options to insure we can assign you to one of your preferences. If you select only one option four times, and that time is not available, you will be assigned to a different date and time according to availability.
- Students will be permitted two guests to assist with move in.
- Students living in the same apartment or room will not be able to sign up for the same time frame. Exceptions may be made for students from the same household moving in to the same on campus apartment or room.
- Limits will be in place to limit the number of students able to register for any specific building, as well as an overall limit for the campus for each move in date/time frame option.
- Students who need to collect a key will be able to pick up the key at the Housing Office during their designated time frame. This should include new students moving in for the first time, and those returning to apartments and houses who turned in keys at the close of the fall semester.
How You Can Help
- Students and guests are not to share elevators with anyone outside their move in group.
- Students and guests must wear masks and gloves at all times inside the building.
- For the security of everyone, do not prop doors or allow anyone else access to the residential facility.
- If someone has been exposed to anyone that is ill, or is experiencing any symptoms themselves, do not come to campus. This includes students and their guests assisting with move in.
- Bring a thermometer to continue to self-monitor for fever and symptoms.
Instructions to Select Your Move-In Date and Time Frame
- You will select your move-in date by building so that we can monitor the aforementioned limits by building.
- We will assign dates on a “first come first served” basis. If your preference is not available, we will move to second preference, and so on.
- You have the option to list four preferences. Please select four different options to assist us to assign you a date in your preferences. If we cannot confirm one of the dates requested, you will be assigned to another date/time option by the housing staff.
- You will receive an email within three business days of the date you submit your form with the date you are scheduled.
- New Residential Students will be required to review and sign a Residential Student Housing Contract Addendum COVID-19 Related Guidelines Acknowledgement.
- If you need to change your date, email [email protected] or call 304.336.8358.
Additional COVID-19 Information
- Mandatory COVID-19 testing will be held on campus for all students and employees from January 19 through January 22. Further details is forthcoming.
- Any student that tests positive for COVID-19 should report the information through our online COVID Reporting Form.
- For additional COVID-related updates and information, review our COVID-19 Resources website here, including our Return to Campus documents. You may also email [email protected] with questions.