Does the University provide instruments for student use?

The Department expects all music majors to own their own instruments and encourages all non-majors to bring their own for use in ensembles. The University has an ample collection of instruments that can be loaned for student use, however, these are generally the larger and less likely to be owned instruments such as baritone saxophone, bass clarinet, bass trombone, string bass, etc. For information on borrowing a WLU instrument, please contact theĀ music faculty member associated with that instrument.

There are separate instruments for Marching Hilltopper member use. These include sousaphones, marching French horns and baritones, piccolos, and battery percussion instruments. Other members of the ensemble are encouraged to bring their own instruments. For information about the Marching Hilltoppers, please click here.