All MS CRIM applicants must provide a complete application file, which contains the following items to be:
- Official transcripts of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, with a GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Three letters of recommendation. Letters should be from professional references who can attest to the applicant’s ability to succeed in graduate coursework and his or her work ethic. College instructors/professors are preferred.
- A statement of the student’s career goals indicating how earning the MS degree in Criminology will enhance the applicant’s career goals and expectations of the graduate program. This statement should be approximately two pages.
- A professional resume.
- Although the Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is not a requirement for program admission, it is recommended that students take the GRE and submit their scores for assessing graduate assistantship positions. Those accepted on a provisional basis must complete the GRE (See below).
- A score of at least 500 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required if an applicant is from a country where English is not the official language. The test must have been taken within the year prior to applying to the program.