Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) Program Prerequisites:
West Liberty University has a list of MLS Program Prerequisites. Persons desiring to study Medical Laboratory Science at West Liberty University must be accepted for admission to the college, declaring MLS as their major. Admission to the MLS major is through either of two methods: Direct Admission (as a transfer student) or during the second semester of the sophomore year.
Direct Admission: Transfer students who are admitted to West Liberty University and meet the qualifications below will be accepted in the program in their junior year as they maintain at least a 2.5 University GPA and satisfy the requirements listed. No Ds or Fs will be accepted and must be repeated.
- BIO 124/124 Biological Principles required to enter the program.
- Chemistry 110/111, 112/113, 340/341 equivalent through online course or at West Virginia Northern College in Wheeling, WV.
- BIO 212/214 Anatomy and Physiology will be required but not dependent on admission.
- BIO 216 General Microbiology will be required but not dependent on admission.
- CLS 210 Introduction to CLS and CLS 220 MLS Pathophysiology will be waived based on current transcripts.
- Math 130 College Algebra is required to enter the program.
Application to the Medical Laboratory Science Program maybe made during the second semester of the sophomore year. Admission criteria include:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 upon completion of at least 42 hours of credit.
- A grade of “C’ or higher in all science prerequisite courses: BIO 124/125; CHEM 110/111, 112/113, 340/341; BIO 212/214; BIO 216.
- All Ds in any courses will need to be repeated for a passing grade.
- Students not meeting initial requirements maybe considered once deficiencies are corrected.