Masters of Professional Studies ApplicationApply Now
Apply to Our MPS Degree Program Now!
MPS Degree Requirements
To ensure well-qualified candidates, the following qualifications for the Master of Professional Studies Program have been established. For MPS admission, the applicant must:
- Complete the Application for the Master of Professional Studies Degree Program.
- Provide official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate courses. If you are a WLU graduate, we will not need your WLU transcripts.
- Hold a baccalaureate degree with a minimum 2.50 GPA from a regionally accredited institution.
International MPS Student Applicants
In addition to the requirements listed above, please submit:
- Proof of English Proficiency: Please submit one of the following test results that has been completed within the past three years:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): A minimum score of 80 for the Internet-based test (IBT), or 550 for the paper-based test (PBT)
- International English Language Testing (IELTS): 6
- EIKEN: Grade Pre-1
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic: 54
- Credit Certification: Have all your coursework and credits from institutions outside of the United States evaluated by a credential evaluation service provider [e.g., World Education Services (WES), Global Credential Evaluators (GCE), Association of International Credentials Evaluators (AICE), American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO), etc.]
- Proof of Financial Support: Submit adequate documentation of financial support for one academic year (nine months) [e.g., official bank statement, sponsorship award letters, scholarship awards, Affidavit of Support (DHS Form I-134), etc.]
- Copy of your ID page in your passport
- Immunization shot records
Mail or fax the completed Masters of Professional Studies application and all the required MPS documents to:
West Liberty University Highlands Center
355 Wharton Circle, Suite 200
Triadelphia, WV 26059
Please contact the Highlands Center at 304-217-2800 for more information.
Students seeking financial aid will need to complete a FAFSA and fill out the appropriate WLU forms. Students must be taking at least 2 courses (6 hours) per traditional semester (Fall, Spring, Summer) to qualify for financial aid.