Students at the Highlands Center frequently ask about the following:
To pay your bills, contact the Business Office.
Contact the WLU Bookstore on the main campus to order your books and ask them to ship the books to your home. Please do not have the books shipped to the Highlands Center.
You can access several library databases from the Highlands Center or from home. For login and password information, ask at the Highlands Center front-desk.
If you are taking courses only at the Highlands Center (none at the main campus), be sure to complete the Request for Refund of Parking Fee. Return this form with your invoice.
If you need Sakai help, please use your West Liberty email account to contact [email protected] with a detailed message.
Check the WLU Scholarship site for more information.
If you need help in a class, tutoring can be arranged at the Highlands Center through the Center for Student Success (which is housed on the main campus). Please complete this form, and be sure to put the “Highlands Center” as a location in the preferred days and times section.
For weather cancellations at the Highlands Center during the week, please call the WLU Weather Hotline at 304-336-8400 or listen to local radio and tv stations. In the event of any weather cancellations for Saturday classes at the Highlands Center, they will be listed on Highlands Center Saturday Weather Hotline at 304-336-5333.
All students have an on-line account through the West Liberty Information Network System (WINS). Students complete class registration and access grades through their WINS accounts. Personal information, financial aid information, billing charges and many other items can be accessed via WINS. To log in to WINS, click on the WINS icon button at the bottom of the WLU home page. You will need your student ID and PIN number. Your student ID can be found on your class schedule or financial aid award letter. You can also contact the Registrar’s Office at 304-336-8007. Your PIN number will initially be your six digit date of birth (MMDDYY).
All students will have an email account through West Liberty University. Students are expected to regularly check their WLU email accounts as faculty and administration primarily contact students through their email accounts.
- Email accounts for new students will be created prior to classes beginning each semester. You will be able to access your email address through your WINS account. Once you are logged into WINS, click on Personal Information, then Email Address. Due to recent changes made by IT Services, from now on all new students will have an email address of first initial followed by middle initial and last name followed by @westliberty.edu >([email protected]).
- To access your email account, click on the GMAIL icon on the homepage (next to the WINS icon). You will need to enter your username, which will be your email address, minus the @westliberty.edu. Your password will be your WINS PIN number. If you have not yet logged into WINS, your password will be your six digit date of birth (mmddyy). If you have questions regarding your email account, please contact the HELP Desk at 304-336-8886.
Once classes being, students are encouraged to sign up for TOPPERNET. TOPPERNET is provided by Rave Wireless and is WLU’S emergency text message system. TOPPERNET is used when classes are cancelled or if any other emergency arises. You will need your WLU email address and your cell phone number when registering for this service. There is no fee for this service.
To sign up for TOPPERNET: Go to: https://www.getrave.com/login/westliberty. Click on “Register Now.” Complete the information on the “Create Account” page, agree to the Terms of Service, and click “Next.
- A confirmation screen will appear, explaining that Rave has sent you an e-mail. Go to your e-mail account and click the link.
- When you click the link, a 4-digit code will be sent to your phone. A screen will open on your computer asking you to type in that code.
- This will take you to your main account screen. You’re done!