Greater than 99% of the College of Science students applying for post-graduate programs have been accepted into their program of choice.
Our SUCCESS RATE is the BEST in West Virginia.
The U.S. News and World Report
“Best 100 Jobs” rankings for 2015-16 include Dentist, Physician, Dental Hygienist, Physical Therapist, Registered Nurse, Physician Assistant, Occupational Therapist, Mental Health Counselor, and Clinical Laboratory Technician.
- We have nationally accredited programs in Dental Hygiene, Nursing, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Speech Pathology and Audiology and the new M.S. in Physician Assistant Studies.
- The success of our students is a measure of the academic rigor in the University’s programs and the opportunities for research and service available at West Liberty University.
At West Liberty University, we offer a number of majors that will lead you to a bright future in the Health Care Industry.
The Health Care Programs are listed below by College:
- General Biology
- Pre-Occupational Therapy
- WLU-WVSOM Pre-Medicine Program Exists through collaborative effort with WVSOM; called the Pre-medicine/Pre-Osteopathic Medicine Major not limited to students who wish to attend WVSOM – we have pre-PA students and others in this major.
- WLU-WVU Dental Early Admission Program Exists through collaborative effort with WVU- not limited to students who wish to attend dental school at WVU.
- Dental Hygiene AS and BS ACCREDITATION – CODA, Commission on Dental Accreditation
- Medical Laboratory Science ACCREDITATION – NAACLS, National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Traditional Track BSN ACCREDITATION – CCNE, Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Certified by WV Board of Nursing
- RN to BSN Track ACCREDITATION – NOT Required as RNs already hold certification
- Speech Pathology/Audiology ACCREDITATION – NO accreditation at the undergraduate level
- Physician Assistant ACCREDITATION – ARC-PA, Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant. Graduate program requires a bachelor’s degree prior to matriculation.