Getting your degree in Medical Laboratory Science (MLS) from WLU is a perfect blend of science, medicine and technology, providing you with strong reasoning and technical skills. Your MLS degree will allow you to branch into other fields and give you a challenging, rewarding, way to help people.
- Learn more about getting your MLS Degree at WLU.
Below are just a few examples of the different fields open to you:
- Educational Program Director and/or teaching
- Research/ Clinical Trials
- Product Development
- Medical laboratory Sales and Marketing/Consulting
- Medical company technical representatives
- Laboratory Information Technology
- Multi-departmental Manager/Hospital
- Laboratory Administration
- Medical Informatics & computers
Though we are behind the scenes….We are the Heroes of the Health Care Team Solving Today’s Medical Mysteries.
It is estimated that 70 – 80% of all physician decisions are based on laboratory tests performed by the Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS).
In fact, two-thirds of a patient’s medical records are laboratory tests.
There is currently a shortage of the MLS in the U.S.
The American Society of Clinical Pathologists Board of Registry found vacancy rates for the MLS at between 7-20% depending on the job type and location.