STAFF SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION:
Please note that the Staff Council is still transitioning from being the Classified Staff Council and the scholarship information is still being updated.
PROCESS FOR APPLYING FOR STAFF DEVELOPMENT FUNDS:
Staff employees complete an application (available at the following link) Staff Development Application for Funds/Reimbursement and submit to his/her supervisor. This application includes the following information:
- Reason there is a request for funds – i.e.: class reimbursement; workshop/seminar/training.
- Amount requested ($500 per person/per year limit)*
- A statement of how the workshop/seminar/training relates to their job a WLU and “how you and the department that you work for will benefit”.
- The Supervisor then submits application to the respective Cabinet member to approve or deny or for further review with President’s Cabinet.
- The employee is notified of the decision and is advised that all receipts must be submitted before the funds can be distributed to the employee (either as a refund or as a p-card reconciliation).
*Unless otherwise determined by President’s Cabinet
NOTE: Staff who submitted applications prior to November 15, 2017 will be reviewed under the previous maximum of $1,000. Going forward the new guideline is $500 per person per fiscal year.