- Courses will be held primarily in the afternoons to encourage greater zoo experiences for students during the morning hours when activity levels are greatest at the zoo.
- Any 300-400 level general electives to total 120h (approximately 3-4 credit hours; 120h required for graduation).
- Courses are not offered every semester/year; please consult with Biology advisor.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.00 is required for all math and science courses, with a grade no lower than “C” in these courses.
- A ten-week summer internship between the sophomore and junior year of study at an AZA-accredited zoo is required.
- Students must volunteer in Crayfish, Hellbender, or STEM labs for a minimum of 200 hours per year during the freshman and sophomore years of study as a pre-requisite for experience.
- During the junior and senior year of study, students must complete two semesters (springs and/or falls) interning at the Good Zoo; suggested semester schedules: 9-12 credit hours of coursework plus 3 credit hours of internship credit for the Zoo experience.