WLUTV-14

Kirstie Kalany takes over as host of Inside West Liberty

kirstie-West Liberty University Television is proud to announce Kirstie Kalany as the new host of Inside West Liberty.

Kirstie is a Junior Broadcasting student with a minor in Geography. She has been on the WLUTV Crew for the past 3 years and hopes to become a meteorologist one day.  She is also a producer on the show Jock Talk. She is the former Miss Northern West Virginia, and the current Miss West Virginia, Beauties of the Nation. Kirstie loves sports, especially football, baseball and hockey. She is also an educator at Oglebay Good Zoo. When she’s not working on school or TV stuff she loves to hang out with her friends, dance, fish and play with her dog.

Kirstie is pleased with the opportunity and ready to begin this new chapter. “I’m so excited. I know that the people before me have become so successful and I hope I can follow in their footsteps. I know I have really big shoes to fill and I’m very excited for this opportunity!” noted Kalany.

Inside West Liberty originally debuted in March of 2008 with student producer and host, Philip Stahl. After Philip graduated in 2010 and a 65 episode run, freshman Danielle Zacherl took the helm of hosting the show.  Danielle hosted the show until her graduation in the spring of 2013, in which time she produced 24 shows, including a show with the cast and producer of the 2011 movie, Doughboy, a documentary which she produced on a trip to China with students from the College of Education, as well as an episode which featured Kirstie Kalany as Miss Northern West  Virginia.

Danielle has served as a mentor to Kirstie during her time here at West Liberty. Kalany recalls, “Danielle is one of my best friends and I’ve learned so much from her and I know she will always help me with anything I need. I hope to keep up the quality of the show and do as well as she did.”

Danielle is also very pleased with Kirsite taking over her reign and believes she is well deserving of this opportunity. “I’m very ecstatic for Kirstie because she is such a  great friend  and she has worked so hard. I can’t think of anyone being more deserving of this opportunity. She has learned so much during her time on the crew and will apply that to this show. I can’t wait to see where she takes Inside West Liberty!” commented Zacherl.

Kirstie is already planning the direction she wants to take the show, but is also open to any suggestions anyone may wish to provide. “I am really hoping to have a variety of guests and keep up the great work. If anyone is interested in being on the show or has any ideas for the show, I’m open to all suggestions. I want to make the show appealing to the student population.” Kirstie can be reached at [email protected]

Inside West Liberty was the first student-produced show to air on WLU-TV 14 and covers a range of topics related to activities and events at West Liberty University.  To watch episodes of previous shows, please visit www.wltvonline.com and click on the WLUTV Archives section.