WLUTV-14

Danielle Zacherl

Danielle Zacherl spent her first two years after graduation as a producer at WVNS in Beckley, WV. In late August of 2015, she moved to Columbus, OH with her now fiancé to begin a job as a weekend Producer and weekday AP at WSYX ABC 6 and WTTE FOX 28. That was a hard job and schedule: working Friday to Tuesday, overnights, not having weekends off, and producing a full 3 hours each Saturday and Sunday morning. But it was fantastic training for where Danielle ended up in Columbus. She was in that position for 8 months before recently being promoted to the weekday Producer of the 7AM hour of Good Day Columbus on FOX 28. She is part of a team of 4 producers, an Executive Producer, and 2 AP/writers that create 5 1/2 hours of news every morning on the two channels.

“Producing at this level is challenging, intense, and a blast every day! I never thought I would like working overnights, but the team I’m on makes it worth it. They are amazing! I’m so glad my time at West Liberty led me to this career path. I’m doing what I love!”