Associate Professor of Computer Information Systems
- Ph.D., Information Systems, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- M.B.A., Information Systems Management, Ferris State University
- M.S., Information Systems, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- B.S., Information Systems, Institute for Information and Communication Technology, the Netherlands
- Association of Information Systems (AIS)
- IEEE Computer Society
- Member Decision Sciences Institute
- Member Information Technology Association of America (ITAA)
Peer-Reviewed Journal (PRJ) Articles:
- Conteh, N. Y. (2009). The Hypothesis Testing of Decision Making Styles in the Decision Making Process. Journal of Technology Research (Academic and Business Research Institute (AABRI). Vol. 1 (ISSN: 1941-3416 Online).
- Conteh, N. Y., G. Schulte, W., & O’Sullivan, K. (2008). The Relationship Between Global Information Technology and Competitve Advantage: A conceptual View of One Piece of the Puzzle. Journal of Information and Knowledge Management.
- Conteh, N. Y. (2007). Hypothesis Testing of the Efficacies of Africancentric Decision-making Styles through Simulation Modeling. (Association of Third World Studies). Congressional Quarterly November 18-20, 2007.
- Conteh, N. Y. (2007). IT in Africa: Past and Current Trends, Achievements and the Future. (Association of Third World Studies). Congressional Quarterly November 18-20, 2007.
- Conteh, N. Y., Forgionne, G., G. Schulte, W., & O’Sullivan, K. (2006). The Merits of a just-In-Time Knowledge (JITKM) Management Approach to Decision Making Support. Journal of Information and Knowledge Management.
- Conteh, N. Y. and Forgionne, G. (2005). Strategy Simulation as Hypothesis Testing Methodology. Gests International Transactions on Computer Science, Vol. 5 (No. 1)
- Conteh, N. Y. and Forgionne, G (2005). A Just in time Approach to Intelligent Decision Support Systems. Journal of Decision Systems (JDS). Vol. 14 (No. 1-2/2005, P. 39-54).
- Conteh, N. Y. (2010). The Hybrid Design: Integrating Human and Technical Components in the Design of Just-In-Time Knowledge Management Systems. The Journal on Systematics, Cybernetics, and Informatics (JSCI).
Refereed Conference Proceedings:
- Conteh, N. Y. & Forgionne, G. (2004). Simulation Modeling as an Information Systems Evaluation Tool. 35th Annual Conference of the Decision Sciences Institute, Boston, November 22-25, 2004, 1501-1506.
- Conteh, N. Y. & Forgionne, G. (2003). Delivering Enhanced Decision Making Support through Intelligent Just-In-Time Decision Support Systems. 34th Annual Conference of the Decision Sciences Institute, Washington D.C., pp. 1-6. November 22-25, 2003, 1-6.
- Conteh, N. Y. & Forgionne, G. (2003). Intelligent Decision Making Support, through Just-In-Time Knowledge Management. 7th International Conference on Knowledge-based Intelligent Information and Engineearing Systems, Oxford University, UK, 101-106.
- Conteh, N. Y. & Forgionne, G. (2007). The Merits of Data Gathering and Hypothesis Testing through Simulation Modeling. Society for the Advancement of management (SAM) International Business Conference, Las Vegas, Nevada. March 25-28, 2007.
- Conteh, N. Y. & Pineno, C. (2008). Enhancing Decision-Making and Facilitating Problem Solving by Organizing Data and Information and Preventing Information Chaos. Proceedings of the National Decision Sciences Institute (DSI) 39th Annual Conference, Baltimore, MD, November 22-25, 2008, 1-6.
- Conteh, N. Y. (2010). Properly Balancing a Hybrid: Integrating Human and Technical Components in the Design of Just-In-Time Knowledge Management Systems. Proceedings of the International Conference on Engineering and Meta-Engineering (ICEME) collocated with the 16th International Conference on Information Systems Analysis and Synthesis: ISAS April 6th-9th, 2010 – Orlando, Florida, USA. Charied a session at the proceedings and received the Best Paper Award.
Book Chapters Refereed:
- Conteh, N. Y. & Forgionne, G. (2006). A Simulation Study of Just-In-Time Knowledge Management (JITKM). In Guisseppi Forgionne, Jatinder Gupta, Manuel Mora (Ed.) Intelligent Decision-Making Support Systems (i-DMSS): Foundations, Applications and Challenges. London, UK: Springer Verlag.
- Conteh, N. Y. & Forgionne, G. (2005). The Decision of Dynamic Just-in-time Agent Technology through Simulation Modeling. In Gloria E. Philips-Wren & Lakhmi C. Jain (Ed.) Intelligent Decision Support Systems in Agent-Mediated Environments, (pp. 91-101). Amsterdam, The Netherlands: IOS Press.
Academic Awards & Honors:
- Biography appears in the 26th edition of the Who is Who in the World – January 2009.
- Biography appeared in Marquis in the 62nd edition of the Who is Who in America – January 2008.
- Biography appeared in the 11th Edition of the Who’s Who Amond American Teachers & Educators TM July 2007.
- Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship Award, Spring 2004, University of Maryland, Baltimore County.
- Research Assistantship Award funded from National Science Foundation (NSF) Grant, University of Maryland Baltimore County. 2002-2004.
- Award of Highest Distinction in MBA, Ferris State University, Michigan, 2000.
- Research Assistantship Award funded from Maryland Industrial Partnership Society (MIPS) Grant, University of Maryland Baltimore County. 2001-2002.
- Fellowship Award from the Netherlands Fellowships Program (NFP), International Institute for Aerospace Survey and Earth Sciences (ITC), The Netherlands. 1993-1994.
- Scholarship Award from the European Social Funds, the Netherlands, 1999.
- Graduate Scholarship Award in Agronomy – Tsual College of Agronomy, Moldova. 1982-1987.
- Decision support systems
- Systems modeling and simulation
- Artificial intelligence/expert systems
- Systems analysis and design
- Knowledge management and organizational learning
- Some German
- 4 African languages
- Consulting for Kendal/Hunt Publishing Company on the publication of Information Systems and Electronic Commerce Textbooks – Since 2006.
- Webmaster – Sedona – Harry Byrd School of Business – Shenandoah University (Service) – 2007 – 09/2009 Present. https://sedonaweb.com/
- Webmaster – Digital Measures – Harry Byrd School of Business – Shenandoah University (Service) – 10-2009-Present. http://www.digitalmeasures.com/
- Webmaster – OKSA – Old Kolenten Students Association Website (Voluntary Service) – 2004-Present. http://www.oksanet.org/
- Webmaster – MMOSA – Milton Margai Old Students Association Website (Voluntary Service) – 2004-Present.
- Webmaster – KDDAnet – Kambia District Descendant Association Mailing List (Voluntary Service) – 2003-Present. [email protected]
- Webmaster – OKSAnet – Old Kolenten Students Association Mailing List (Voluntary Service) – 2003-Present. [email protected]
- Webmaster – Salone Monitor – US based Online Sierra Leone Newspaper (Voluntary Service) – Since May 2011. http://www.salonemonitor.com
- Coordinator, IT Operations %+& Vehicle Chip Programming, Getronics Transaction Services (GTS) and EuroShell International (199-2001).
- IT Specialist (1/2nd line Support) (98-99).
- ABN AMRO Bank (Dealing room/Trading floor Specific Applications).
Office: 231 Main Hall
Phone: (304) 336-8536
Fax: (304) 336-8418
E-Mail: [email protected]