To provide students with an environment that enables them to acquire the knowledge, skills, competencies, ethics and values necessary to make a positive contribution to society and the business profession and to grow both professionally and personally.
- Provide an educational experience that prepares students to think critically, communicate effectively, and perform successfully in a dynamic, technological and globally diverse environment.
- Attract and retain qualified students.
- Ensure that classroom teaching is conducted by qualified and prepared faculty.
- Provide effective advisement and career placement services which maximize the opportunity for students to achieve employment upon graduation.
- Create a culture of professionalism, helping students develop into ethical business leaders with the organizational and communications skills necessary for success in a global workplace.
- Provide a technological environment that expands utilization of information and interactive technologies.
- Develop and wisely utilize financial resources to support the mission of the College of Business.
- Expand relationships with the external environment to stay cognizant of external expectations and opportunities for the Gary E. West College of Business and our students.
- To help students find their career focus, develop the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in that career, and obtain satisfying employment in an existing organization or as an entrepreneur.
- To maintain an ongoing relationship with Gary E. West College of Business graduates, providing useful information for career development and encouraging mentoring and support for current students.
- To support our community through outreach programs designed to improve and support business development throughout the Ohio Valley region and the State of West Virginia.