Topper Spotlight

Jul 1, 14 • Summer 2014, Topper SpotlightComments Off

Jessica Huffman ’04

Huffman-HeadShot-square

Huffman, RDH, MDH, completed a year as president of the North Carolina Dental Hygiene Association.  She is a delegate to the American Dental Hygienists’ Association and serves on the Council of Member Services. She earned her Master of Dental Hygiene degree from the University of Tennessee-Health Science Center and is a dental hygiene instructor at Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte. She is a past recipient of WLU’s Pallottini Memorial Scholarship for Outstanding Professional Promise.

Mia Krisak Ickes ’11

Ickes-squareKrisak Ickes took a big career step recently when she was selected as assistant director of the Schrader Environmental Education Center, Oglebay Resort. The Steubenville native is a graduate of the Gary E. West College of Business and earned her bachelor’s degree in business administration, with a specialization in hospitality and tourism management. “When I chose to attend WLU, I knew I would be receiving an excellent education, but I didn’t realize how many career opportunities it would open up for me,” she explained.

John Stavovy ’70

stavovy-square2Stavovy combines stellar careers as a National Guardsman and president of Mesa Wood Ltd., his custom home building company. Recently he added another dimension to his success as he initiated WLU’s first scholarship for veterans. “I’m pleased to be a part of this new scholarship that supports veterans as they earn a college degree.
As a retired member of the National Guard, I know first hand the time and commitment involved in serving our country and am happy to share with my fellow veterans in this way,”  he said.

Welcome to the Top of the Hill Newsletter for Summer 2014!

↓ More ↓