Student Organizations in Social Work
In addition to the classroom and the field, students also have an opportunity to participate in Social Work related student organizations.
The Social Work Club is an organization promoting service and education. A major activity of the club is participating in community and university service activities. Stephanie Strope is the Club’s president for 2013-14.
Phi Alpha is the National Social Work National Honor Society. Membership requirements include:
• Declared social work as a major.
• Achieved sophomore status.
• Completed 8 semester hours or 12 quarter hours of required social work courses.
• Achieved an overall grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
• Achieved a 3.25 grade point average in required social work courses.
Each Spring, candidates are determined by the Social Work faculty. New members are recognized at the University wide Scholars Ceremony. Dr. Sylvia Senften is the Phi Alpha Adviser.