Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- BS, Nanjing University, 1988
- MS, Nanjing University, 1991
- MS, University of Windsor, 2006
- Ph.D, Nanjing University of Science & Technology, 2003
- Ph.D, University of Florida, 2012
- Math 140 – College Algebra
- Math 160 – Introduction to Statistics
- Math 210 – Calculus I
- Math 211 – Calculus II
- Math 212 – Calculus III
- Math 374 – Discrete Math
- Math 375 – Differential Equations
- Math 410 – Real Variables
- Math 445 – Abstract Algebra
- Math 464 – Probability and Statistics
Current Research Projects:
Variational and Statistical Modeling and Analysis, Computational Mathematics and Numerical Optimizations, Image Segmentation and Image Matting, Feature Extraction and Pattern Recognition, and Computer-Aided Diagnosis
- Hongyuan Wang, Ji Zhang, and Fuhua Chen, An Efficient Tracker Based on Sparse Coding with Local Euclidean Structure based Constraint, Neurocomputing, to appear.
- Fuhua Chen and Katherine Hastings, Volume Estimation of Various Brain Components Using MR Images – A Technical Report. J Appl Computat Math 4:207. doi: 10.4172/2168-9679.1000207, 2015.
- Celia A. Z. Barcelos1, Yunmei Chen, Fuhua Chen. Soft Image Segmentation Based on the Mixture of Gaussian and the Phase-Transition Theory. Applied Mathematics, October, 2014.
- H. Wang and F. Chen. A New Multiphase Soft Segmentation with Adaptive Variants. Proceedings of Image Processing and Computer Vision, Las Vegas, July, 2013.
- F. Chen and H. Wang. Semi-Supervised Multi-Phase Image Segmentation and Application to Deep-Gray-Matter Segmentation in MRI Brain Images. Proceedings of Image Processing and Computer Vision, Las Vegas, July, 2013.
- H. Wang, F. Chen, and Y. Chen. A New Multiphase Soft Segmentation with Adaptive Variants. Applied Computational Intelligence and Soft Computing Volume 2013, Article ID 921721, 9 pages, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/921721.
- F. Chen, Y. Chen and H.D. Tagare. A New Framework of Multiphase Segmentation and Its Application to Partial Volume. Applied computational intelligence and soft computing, 2011.
- F. Chen and Y. Chen. A Stochastic Variational Model for Multi-phase Soft Segmentation with Bias correction. Advanced Modeling and Optimization, 12(3): 336 – 345, 2010.
- F. Chen and Y. Chen. A Multi-phase Soft Segmentation Based on Bi-direction Projected PDHG. Proceedings of IPCV, 2: 486 – 491, 2010.
- Z. Barcelos, Y. Chen and F. Chen. A soft multiphase segmentation model via Gaussian mixture. Proceedings of ICIP, 1: 4049 – 4052, 2009.
- F. Chen, Y. Chen and H.D. Tagare. An extension of Sine-Sinc model based on logarithm of likelihood. Proceedings of IPCV, 1: 222 – 227, 2008.
Interests and Hobbies:
I like running, walking, playing card games, playing ball games such as tennis, ping-pang, volleyball, badminton, playing chess such as go and like cooking.Office: Arnett Hall 313 Phone: (304) 336-8632 E-Mail: [email protected] Address:
West Liberty University
208 University Drive
College Union Box 190
West Liberty, WV 26074