Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- BS, Nanjing University, 1988
- MS, Nanjing University, 1991
- MS, University of Windsor, 2006
- Ph.D, Nanjing University of Science & Technology, 2003
- Ph.D, University of Florida, 2012
- Math 140 – College Algebra
- Math 210 – Calculus I
- Math 212 – Calculus III
Current Research Projects:
Variational and Statistical Modeling and Analysis, Computational Mathematics and Numerical Optimizations, Image Segmentation and Image Matting, Feature Extraction and Pattern Recognition, and Computer-Aided Diagnosis
- F. Chen, Y. Chen and H.D. Tagare. A New Framework of Multiphase Segmentation and Its Application to Partial Volume. Applied computational intelligence and soft computing, 2011.
- F. Chen and Y. Chen. A Stochastic Variational Model for Multi-phase Soft Segmentation with Bias correction. Advanced Modeling and Optimization, 12(3): 336 – 345, 2010.
- F. Chen and Y. Chen. A Multi-phase Soft Segmentation Based on Bi-direction Projected PDHG. Proceedings of IPCV, 2: 486 – 491, 2010.
- Z. Barcelos, Y. Chen and F. Chen. A soft multiphase segmentation model via Gaussian mixture. Proceedings of ICIP, 1: 4049 – 4052, 2009.
- F. Chen, Y. Chen and H.D. Tagare. An extension of Sine-Sinc model based on logarithm of likelihood. Proceedings of IPCV, 1: 222 – 227, 2008.
- Y. Wang, F. Chen and D. Xia. A Review on Tagged Heart MRI Image Analysis. Journal of China Image & Graph, 11(2): 1247 – 1253, 2003.
- F. Chen, J. Lu, and D. Xia. Rician-Distribution-Based Denoising Method and Its Application on Tagged MR Images. Journal of Yangzhou University, 6(12): 35 – 42, 2003.
- F. Chen, Y. Qu and D. Xia. Research on Edge Shift in Case of Multi-Scale Edge Detection. Journal of China Image & Graph, 11(4): 1247 – 1253, 2003.
- F. Chen, Y. Qu and D. Xia. Application of Wavelet Analysis in Image Pre-Processing of Source Satellite CBERS-1. Computer Application & Research, 20: 63 – 68, 2003.
- F. Chen and D. Xia. Wavelet Based Method of Smoothing Strip Interfere from Satellite Image. Proceedings of SPIE, 4790: 114 – 120, 2002.
- F.Chen, J.Xie and D.Xia. A Technique Based on Wavelet and Morphology Transform to Recognize Cancer Cells in Pleural Effusion. IEEE Proceedings of MIAR, 199 – 203, Hong Kong, 2001.
Interests and Hobbies:
I like running, walking, playing card games, playing ball games such as tennis, ping-pang, volleyball, badminton, playing chess such as go and like cooking.Office: Main Hall 216
Phone: (304) 336-8632 E-Mail: [email protected]
West Liberty University
208 University Drive
College Union Box 190
West Liberty, WV 26074