The West Liberty Early Childhood Council is a volunteer group made up of early education pre-service teachers and early childhood professionals from local schools and community organizations. We are a local community-based program that supports WV Universal Pre-K Design and The National Association for the Education of Young Children, NAEYC. Based on these standards of excellence, our values consist of community collaboration, comprehensive goals, professional networking, and leadership in the field of early education.
- To work together to as an innovative network that connects practice, policy, and early education
- To build a collaborative early childhood system that makes a positive impact and fosters quality early education experiences
- To raise awareness about issues impacting young children
- To support a safe and healthy start for young children and families
- Access to professional development opportunities, such as the yearly Celebrating Connections Early Childhood Networking Conference in Charleston, WV
- Ongoing networking opportunities with local school districts and community organizations
- Belonging to an organization that represents your interests
- Access to an array of Early Childhood resources and materials
- There is a $5.00 joining fee for this council. This one time fee will cover the costs for make and take materials, your membership card, etc. Please download and fill out the 2012 – 13 School Year Membership Form and make checks payable to: The West Liberty Early Childhood Council.
We invite your participation in our efforts as we work on projects and advocacy for early childhood programs and organizations in the Northern Panhandle of West Virginia.
The first meeting information:
When: Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Where: Main Hall Room 369
Time: 12:00 – 1:00