Admission Point # 2
In order to be admitted to Clinical Student Teaching, teacher candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Completed all but two courses in General Studies.
- Completed all required EDUC, READ, and SPED courses with letter grades of “C” or better.
- Completed all required Curriculum and Methods courses with letter grades of “C” or better.
- Completed all but one of the required content courses in his or her major with a G.P.A. of at least 2.50 for those courses.
- Met all requirements imposed by the content area.
- Earned an overall G.P.A. of at least 2.50.
- Achieved a “Target” rating on the Content Portfolio (Completed in LiveText.com).
- Provided documentation of negative tuberculin test/ PPD test (within past 12 months).
- Updated criminal background check information on file in the Professional Education office.
Candidates who have met these requirements must complete the on-line Application for Student Teaching. The Director of Teacher Education will complete a file review of each applicant, including all course dispositions. Written notification of admission or denial to clinical student teaching will be sent to each applicant.