POSTED: Aug. 1, 2012 – In an effort to accommodate new incoming students, WLU has added another Summer Orientation date to the 2012 schedule. The additional date will be Tuesday, August 7. Registration starts at 8:30 a.m. in College Hall.
Some of the information that students and parents will receive at orientation:
- Course schedule and chance to work with Enrollment Services to make necessary changes
- Instruction on how to register and navigate the WINS system
- Photography opportunity for TopperCard (student ID) to avoid lines on Opening Weekend
- Information on WLU laptop program, meal plans, financial aid, campus life, registration process and email addresses
- Opportunity to meet other incoming students in an informal group setting and ask questions of current students
- Resident Assistants will be available to show new students their specific room for the fall semester
- Displays to learn more about academic programs, local banks, campus activities and organizations
- Completion of ASSET tests to place them in the appropriate courses
- Separate parent and student sessions geared to informing each group of the most beneficial information
- Opportunity to complete paperwork and speak with various departments to finalize needs for the start of the academic year.