POSTED: Aug. 1, 2012 – In an effort to accommodate new incoming students, WLU has added another Summer Orientation date to the 2012 schedule. The additional date will be Tuesday, August 7. Registration starts at 8:30 a.m. in College Hall.
Some of the information that students and parents will receive at orientation:
- Course schedule and chance to work with Enrollment Services to make necessary changes
- Instruction on how to register and navigate the WINS system
- Photography opportunity for TopperCard (student ID) to avoid lines on Opening Weekend
- Information on WLU laptop program, meal plans, financial aid, campus life, registration process and email addresses
- Opportunity to meet other incoming students in an informal group setting and ask questions of current students
- Resident Assistants will be available to show new students their specific room for the fall semester
- Displays to learn more about academic programs, local banks, campus activities and organizations
- Completion of ASSET tests to place them in the appropriate courses
- Separate parent and student sessions geared to informing each group of the most beneficial information
- Opportunity to complete paperwork and speak with various departments to finalize needs for the start of the academic year.
For more information on orientation, please contact Jim Compston, coordinator for First Year Residential Experience at [email protected] or 304-336-8427.