Fine dining, musical entertainment and dancing is the plan as West Liberty University enjoys the support of alumni, donors and friends at its third annual Great Gala fundraiser, sponsored by the Ryan Ferns Healthplex, on Friday, April 19, at Glessner Auditorium, Oglebay Resort.
“We are grateful to Ryan for his commitment to higher education. Never before has education in the state of West Virginia been so important. Reaching our goal of a Great University will enhance the quality of life for everyone in the Ohio Valley and across the region,” said President Robin C. Capehart.
The festive evening will begin at 7 p.m. with cocktails, followed by a gourmet dinner and special entertainment, a Frank Sinatra tribute band featuring Akron, Ohio performer, Michael Sonata.
The theme selected for the 2013 Great Gala blends the classic elegance of “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” with the retro cool of “Mad Men,” according to Director of Marketing and Special Events Tammi Secrist. She encourages guests to wear fashions representing 1960s evening clothes.
“We’re proud to report that our previous galas have sold out thanks to the entire community and we are grateful. The Great Gala is a chance to enjoy an evening out for a meaningful cause and we encourage those businesses and individuals still wanting to get involved to call now,” added Director of Development Angela Zambito-Hill.
Joining Title Sponsor Ferns in support of the 2013 Great Gala are:
Madison Avenue Executives $10,000+
- WTRF, Fox Ohio Valley & ABC Ohio Valley
Fifth Avenue Fashionistas $7,500+
- Technology Services Group, Inc.
Park Avenue Socialites $5,000+
- Jack C. Adams
- Barnes & Noble Bookstores
Wall Street Investors $2,500+
- Eagle Manufacturing Company
- Radiology Associates, Inc.
- Joe & Cathy Rohrig
Grand Central Station Commuters $1,000+
- Alex E. Paris Contracting Company, Inc.
- Costanzo & Associates, PLLC Certified Public Accountants
- Les DeFelice & Connie Nelson
- Daniel I. Joseph, D.D.S., M.S.
- Lamar Advertising
- Med Express Urgent Care
- Mona Lisa Communications
- Perkins Restaurant
- United Bank Wealth Management
- WesBanco Bank, Inc. – Trust Dept.
Central Park Tourists $500+
- Advantage Payroll Services
- Alpine Skis & Boards LLC
- B B & T
- Carey Strategic Communications
- CONSOL Energy
- George G. & Carol J. Couch
- Direct Online Marketing
- Edward G. Grimes
- H.E. Neumann Co.
- KATKO Ltd. – Welding Division
- Lynn Buch Interiors
- L & K Marketing
- Nello Construction
- Ohio Valley Medical Center
- Original DiCarlo’s Pizza
- Pentino Dental
- Perfido Weiskopf Wagstaff + Goettel
- Petticord & Son, Inc.
- Riesbeck Food Markets, Inc.
- Mark Starcher
- TIAA-CREF Financial Services
- Touchstone Research Laboratory
- Adam & Erika Koegler Weidner
- WesBanco Bank, Inc.
- Wheeling Renal Care
- Dr. & Mrs. Lawrence E. Wright
- Ye Olde Alpha
Zambito-Hill explained that all money raised through the Great Gala will support the construction of Campbell Hall of Health Sciences, the renovation of Kelly Theatre and historic Shaw Hall, upgrades to athletic facilities and other capital improvements.
“The Great Gala supports President Robin C. Capehart’s goal of building and maintaining a great university,” she said. “We thank everyone for getting involved and encourage alumni and friends to join us for the party. ”