WLU offers students from across the campus a variety of opportunities to continue performing throughout their college career. Most ensembles are “By Audition Only” but non-majors are encouraged to audition. All ensembles operate as any other course on campus; students must register for the course, are given a grade, and receive academic credit for successful participation.
Ensemble participation is required of instrumental music majors. Minimum requirements are outlined here (below).
MUS 364 (1 cr Fall – 2 cr Spring)
- Wind Ensemble–Dr. Matthew Inkster, conductor
Dr. Inkster is currently on leave. Prof. Pat Garrett will be leading the Wind Ensemble for the 2015-2016 school year.
MUS 264 (1 cr Fall or Spring)
- Wheeling Symphony Youth Orchestra–Dr. Matthew Inkster, conductor
MUS 263 (1 cr Fall or Spring, some ensembles meet every semester)
- Percussion Ensemble–Prof. Brian Baldauff, director
- Chamber Wind Ensemble–Dr. Matthew Inkster, conductor
- Brass Ensembles–Dr. Matthew Inkster, director
- Woodwind Ensembles–various directors
- Electronic Music Ensemble–Dr. Matthew Harder, director
- Jazz Combo–Prof. Scott Elliott, director
- Steel Band–Prof. Brian Baldauff