The MS and MA in Biology at West Liberty University will:
- provide an affordable, flexible, and full curriculum of graduate study in the biological and non-clinical biomedical sciences,
- enhance educational and employment opportunities for students in the biological and non-clinical biomedical sciences,
- enhance professional and academic growth in the state of West Virginia through effective training and education,
- facilitate career advancement of trained zookeepers holding bachelor’s degrees from accredited 4-year institutions of higher education (Zoo Science options),
- expand and diversify the population and experiences of students (undergraduate and graduate) within the biology program at West Liberty University, and
- promote science, scholarship, and research in the state of West Virginia.