This area is for individuals working or desiring to work in school, university, and community sports programs. It offers the opportunity to enhance one’s understanding of key issues involved in educational athletics and to further develop one’s leadership and coaching skills.
Common Core Courses (18 Credit Hours)
- EDUC 506 Motivation and the Development of Creativity
- EDUC 502 Professional Writing
- EDUC 503 Technology Applications
- EDUC 512 Assessment and Analysis for Teaching – Learning
- EDUC 553 Law and Liability
- EDUC 581 Research and Capstone
Area of Emphasis (12 Credit Hours)
- SLC 500 Foundations of Coaching
- SLC 520 Athletic Administration
- SLC 530 Psychosociology of Sports
- SLC 540 Conditioning Principles
Electives (6 Credit Hours)
- SLC 550 Injury Prevention and Safety
- EDL 520 Human Resources and Personnel Issues or EDL 589 Community and Media Relations
Click to see the complete Graduate Course Descriptions.
Click to download the complete Planning Check Sheet.
Each of the classes are 3 credit-hours. They will meet as face to face and on-line to equal fifteen (15) sessions during an eight week time period during a regular semester or a six week time period during a summer session. When the courses meet face to face they will be conducted at the West Liberty Highlands Center in Wheeling, WV.
Complete the Degree Plan at the completion of 18 hours. This plan needs to be given to your Graduate Advisor for signature and then submitted to the Director of Graduate Education. You will receive a signed copy in return to confirm the acceptance of your courses and remaining program requirements. Official transcripts are required to be to be sent to WLU’s registrar before any transfer credits can be added to your West Liberty University transcript. Click to download Degree Plan form.
For more information, please contact:
Interim Director of the Graduate Program
West Liberty University
303 Main Hall
208 University Drive
Campus Union Box 103
West Liberty, WV 26074