The program is tailored to the interests and schedules of K-12 teachers who aim to introduce entrepreneurship studies into their classes. Individual course outcomes will consist of teachers developing appropriate lesson plans including entrepreneurial foundations, creativity, promotions, law and finance to be used in the classroom.
Common Core Courses (18 Credit Hours)
- EDUC 506 Motivation and the Development of Creativity
- EDUC 502 Professional Writing
- EDUC 503 Technology Applications
- EDUC 512 Assessment and Analysis for Teaching – Learning
- EDUC 553 Law and Liability
- EDUC 581 Research and Capstone
Area of Emphasis (12 Credit Hours)
- EDUC 504 Foundation of Entrepreneurship
- EDUC 505 Creative Problem Solving
- EDUC 513 Entrepreneurial Promotions
- EDUC 550 Entrepreneurship and Law
- EDUC 560 Venture Finance and Analysis
Electives (3 Credit Hours)
- Graduate courses from West Liberty University or another regionally accredited college or university that offers graduate courses may be accepted. The graduate student should consult with their academic advisor for approval of elective courses.
Click to see the complete Graduate Course Descriptions.
Click to download the complete Planning Check Sheet.
Each of the classes are 3 credit-hours. They will meet as face to face and on-line to equal fifteen (15) sessions during an eight week time period during a regular semester or a six week time period during a summer session. When the courses meet face to face they will be conducted at the West Liberty Highlands Center in Wheeling, WV.
Complete the Degree Plan at the completion of 18 hours. This plan needs to be given to your Graduate Advisor for signature and then submitted to the Director of Graduate Education. You will receive a signed copy in return to confirm the acceptance of your courses and remaining program requirements. Official transcripts are required to be to be sent to WLU’s registrar before any transfer credits can be added to your West Liberty University transcript. Click to download Degree Plan form.
For more information, please contact:
Director of the Graduate Program
West Liberty University
303 Main Hall
208 University Drive
Campus Union Box 103
West Liberty, WV 26074