Counseling is Free · Counseling is Confidential
Seeking and accepting help through counseling services is a positive and responsible step toward stabilizing your mood, being solution focused, and learning symptom reduction.
Office hours: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm. Evening appointments may be scheduled.
OfficeLocation: Main Hall East Wing 138
To Schedule a Counseling Appointment
Call Lisa Witzberger at 304-336-8215
E-mail at [email protected]
Log into your Wins account, click Student Services, click Learning and Student Development Center, Click schedule a Counseling Session, Submit
Complete a Request to Schedule a Counseling Appointment form & place in locked box outside the Counseling office.
In case of a life-threatening emergency, call 911, or Campus Police at 304-336-8021.
For information on our Behavioral Intervention Team, please click on BIT.
- 24 Hour Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1(800)273-8255
- National Sexual Assault Hotline | 1(800)656-HOPE
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1(800)799- SAFE
- Trevor Lifeline (LGBTQ): 1 (855)-488-7386
- Al-Anon/Alateen – friends and families of alcoholics http://www.alateen.org
- College Drinking-Changing the Culture http://www.collegedrinkingprevention.gov/
- Cutting/Self-injury S.A.F.E. Alternatives – http://www.selfinjury.com
- Obsessive/Compulsive Foundation – http://www.ocfoundation.org
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) http://www.ptsdalliance.org
- National Eating Disorders Organization – http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org
- Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network (RAINN) http://www.rainn.org
- National Domestic Violence Hotline -http://www.ndvh.org
The Learning and Student Development Center is committed to motivating students to be successful, providing avenues for academic and cultural support, and developing opportunities for connecting students to the West Liberty University community. In this developmental process, students are encouraged to engage in programs and services that will help them realize their potential. The Learning and Student Development Center blends the following offices and services to address student’s needs and assist in a positive college experience.