Beginning Monday, October 9th, the E. Kent & Barbara Culler Robinson Writing Center will offer free one-on-one tutoring sessions to undergraduate and graduate students throughout all stages of the writing process. Whether you are brainstorming ideas for a paper or revising your final draft, the Writing Center tutors can help you to communicate with your audience clearly and effectively.
Our mission at the Writing Center is to support students from all academic disciplines in improving their skills in written communication and gaining confidence in their writing abilities. With these goals in mind, our tutors aim to teach rhetorical principles that not only help students to approach the task at hand, but also transfer across different courses and writing assignments.
Students, click here to learn how you can schedule an appointment and how to make the most out of the support offered by the Writing Center.
The Writing Center is located in L14, on the bottom floor of the Elbin Library.
Email: [email protected]
During the Fall 2017 semester, the Writing Center will offer appointments at the following times:
|Mondays and Tuesdays||Wednesdays||Thursdays||Fridays|
|9:00 a.m.||3:30 p.m.||11:30 a.m.||9:30 a.m.|
|10:00 a.m.||4:30 p.m.||12:30 p.m.|
- To make the most of their tutoring sessions, students should schedule appointments at least one hour in advance. Students are welcome to walk into the Writing Center, but we recommend that they make an appointment to ensure that a tutor is available.
- Students should come to their appointments prepared to discuss a specific assignment or a piece of professional writing such as a job resume or a graduate school personal statement.
- Students who are more than 10 minutes late may be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- The Writing Center is not an editing service. Tutors will work with students to develop strategies for resolving language-based issues, but tutors will not proofread or fix these issues for students.
- Students may schedule no more than one 30 minute appointment per day.