Annual performance reviews are a key component of employee development. The performance review is intended to be a fair and balanced assessment of an employee’s performance. The annual review is to provide all regular university staff and their supervisors an opportunity to:
- Discuss job performance
- Set goals for professional development
- Establish objectives for contributing to the department’s mission
- Discuss expectations and accomplishments
Timeline for Annual STAFF Performance Evaluations
The annual review period is April 3 through May 31.
- Week of April 3: Supervisors forward Pre-Review Forms to Employees for completion
- Weeks of April 10 – April 23: Employees return Pre-Review Forms to Supervisors; Supervisors complete written Review Forms and obtain signed approval from next level manager
- Weeks of April 24 – May 7: Supervisors review ratings with Human Resources
- Weeks of May 8 – May 31: Supervisors meet with Employees and submit original signed reviews to Human Resources
Performance Review Guides
These guides are intended to be used as a reference and procedural guide to the performance management and appraisal process.
- Employee Guide to Performance Management – general overview of the performance management process.
- Supervisor Guide to Performance Reviews – general overview of the performance review process.
- Supervisor Guide to Performance Management– summary of performance management system, forms and tools.
Performance Review Forms
Employees and supervisors will be able to choose from the following documents in order to prepare a comprehensive, position appropriate, review for their employees:
- Pre-Review Form– should be used by employees and submitted to supervisor prior to review.
- Employee Performance Review – should be used by manager for non-supervisor position.
- Supervisor or Project Manager Review– should be used by administrators for managers and supervisors.
This goal tracker should be used to identify and track ongoing and future goals.
- Goal Sheet – PDF– Should be used internally with ongoing discussions with the employee.
- Goal Sheet – Word Version
- SMART Goal
Important: You must have a recent version of Adobe Acrobat to view the forms in fillable format.