Program Entrance Requirements
Admission to the Nursing Program:
1. Persons desiring to study nursing at West Liberty University must be accepted for admission to the college, declaring Nursing as their major.
2. Applicants must submit their high school transcript and ACT or SAT scores directly to the Office of Admissions.
3. Once admitted to the university, the student enrolls in the freshman year to complete pre-requisites as a pre-nursing major.
4. At the end of the second semester freshman year, the student makes application to the nursing program for admission.
5. Admission into the nursing program is determined upon meeting the following admission criteria and available space:
Cumulative university GPA of 3.0 or higher upon completion of a minumun of 28 credit
Completion of pre-requisites: BIO 124/125
ENG 101 AND ENG 102 (or ENG 075 and ENG 101, if ACT
English score is less than 18)
CHEM 100/101 or CHEM 110/111
DEV MATH, if required (if ACT math score is less than 19)