|Dental Hygiene Awards and Scholarships 2011 -2012
Dental Hygiene Scholarships
- The Dr. E.J. Joseph Memorial Award is presented annually to a student completing the first year of the professional program.
- The Wheeling District Dental Society Scholarship is awarded annually to a first-year and a second-year student who reside in Marshall, Ohio, Brooke, or Hancock counties.
- The Catherine H. Dorer Scholarship is awarded annually to a first-year student who has shown a high degree of proficiency early in his/her training.
- The Dental Hygiene Program Scholarship is awarded annually to a first-year student entering the second semester of the program who demonstrates scholastic excellence.
- The American Dental Hygienists’ Association Insititute for Oral Health administers scholarships to students at the associate and baccalaureate levels.
- The Pallottini Memorial Scholarship for Outstanding Professional Promise is awarded annually to a student completing the first year of the professional program who demonstrates a strong work ethic and professional promise.
- The Washington Green County Scholarship: A $500.00 annual gift to benefit a dental hygiene student completing his/her first year who resides in either Washington or Greene counties in Pennsylvania. Criteria includes strong work ethic and professional promise.
- The Eastern Ohio Dental Society Dental Hygiene Honor Scholarship: $500.00 for a DH student completing his/her first year who resides in one of the following counties, Jefferson, Belmont, Harrison, or Monroe counties in Ohio. Criteria includes the demonstration of strong work ethic and professional promise.
- Sargent Dental Hygiene Scholarship: Established by Jane Adkins Sargent ( a graduate of the DH Program) and her husband William. $1000.00 is awarded to a BS degree dental hygiene student. Criteria include Student American Dental Hygiene Association membership, strong clinical proficiency, demonstrated professionalism and ethical behavior.
- The Tri-State Dental Hygiene Association awards its’ scholarship in the second semester of the first year of the WLU Dental Hygiene Program.