The Hilltopper Athletic Club (HAC) is the fundraising entity of Athletics. It is managed through the Office of Development and supported by a steering committee. Funds raised by HAC are deposited into the West Liberty Foundation and support student athletes in all of the 18 men’s and women’s sports. Fundraising efforts provide scholarships, support development needs and fund capital improvements.
Historically, the WLU Development office has raised over $15 million for athletics. By investing in scholarships, capital projects and the “Toppernation” experience, private support of athletics at WLU helps our Toppers reach championship levels.
- $5 million+ for West Family Stadium renovation
- $1 million+ for athletic scholarships
- $90,000 for baseball field improvements
- $70,000 for the new soccer field
- $30,000 for Toppernation buses to 4 straight Elite 8 men’s basketball appearances