- Create a rich and robust learning environment
- West Liberty University Honors College established in 2012
- Sakai Training Program prepared faculty in the use of the Sakai delivery system of online courses
- Distance Learning Development Program designed in conjunction with Faculty Sakai Training Program to increase the number of online courses
- Adjunct Faculty Orientation Program
- Campus-wide wireless Internet access
- Laptop Computer Program—Since 2008, WLU is one of only 2.5% of all institutions of higher learning in the United States to provide each incoming freshman with a laptop computer. During the past five years, nearly 2,400 laptops have been distributed to our students, along with a number of iPads.
Prepare students to contribute to an evolving and contemporary society
- Graduate Programs
– Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies—the only such program at a WV public institution and the only terminal-degree program at a WV public regional university
– Master of Arts in Education with concentrations in Advanced Teaching, Educational Leadership, Multi-Categorical Special Education, and Technology Integration
- International MBA (in development) offers a unique program in which each area of study includes an international component.
- Undergraduate Programs
– Bachelor of Science in Digital Media Design
– Bachelor of Arts in Modern Languages
– Bachelor of Social Work
– Bachelor of Music in Music Technology
– Bachelor of Music in Music Performance
– Teacher Education Certification in French
– Teacher Education Certification in Gifted Education
– Teacher Education Certification in Theater
– Minors in Athletic Coaching, Entrepreneurship, and Health & Fitness
– Art Therapy Program—The College of Arts and Communication collaborated with a local private foundation to create this program to provide qualified instructors in a growing area of psychological treatment.