- Interdisciplinary Programs
- Center for Entrepreneurship
– Certificate in Entrepreneurship
– University Internship Program.
- Degree Completion Programs
- School of Professional Studies created to provide degree completion, certificate and continuing education programs
– Bachelor of Arts in Leadership and Administration—a degree-completion program created for students who left college with a sizable number of academic credits
and wish to finish their degree requirements in a career-focused program
– RN to BSN Program designed for experienced nurses who wish to pursue a BSN degree
– RBA Today Program (Regents’ Bachelor of Arts) is a degree-completion program providing credit for work-life experiences for adult learners
– Bachelor of Applied Science developed for community and technical college students transferring with an A.A.S. degree to a baccalaureate degree program offers career-oriented areas of emphasis.
- Internationalization Programs
- Established the Office of International Education
– Initiated International Student Center
– Global Academic Exchange Program designed to facilitate the exchange of WLU students and international students has resulted in an increase of West Liberty international students from 0 in 2007 to 56 in the fall of 2011 (100% increase from fall of 2010).
Produce graduates that communicate effectively, think critically and act as good citizens
- Hilltopper Academy created for students who need special attention in developing basic skills prior to freshman year
- University Learning Center designed to help enrolled students improve and enhance their basic skills
- Integrated General Studies Program begun to strengthen of reading comprehension, writing and critical thinking in general studies curriculum.