This area of emphasis is an online format and is designed for individuals who desire to integrate technology to improve instruction and learner achievement in the traditional, hybrid, and online teaching environments in K-12 schools, higher education, community colleges, and industry. Coursework emphasizes the knowledge and skills needed to apply a wide range of technologies and includes a strong multimedia and virtual reality component for individuals in reaching educational or professional development goals within schools, community, and corporate/public settings.
Common Core Courses (18 Credit Hours)
- EDUC 506 Motivation and the Development of Creativity
- EDUC 502 Professional Writing
- EDUC 503 Technology Applications
- EDUC 512 Assessment and Analysis for Teaching – Learning
- EDUC 553 Law and Liability
- EDUC 581 Research and Capstone
Area of Emphasis (12 Credit Hours)
- EDUC 514 On-line Teaching and Learning (Online Course)
- EDUC 524 Technology Systems: Human and Electronic
- EDUC 534 Contemporary Applications of Educational Technology
- EDUC 544 Collaborative Support for Technology Integration (Online Course)
Electives (6 Credit Hours)
- Graduate courses from West Liberty University or another regionally accredited college or university that offers graduate courses may be accepted. The graduate student should consult with their academic advisor for approval of elective courses.
Click to see the complete Graduate Course Descriptions (page 213 – 218).
Click to download the complete Planning Check Sheet (will be available soon).
Each of the classes are 3 credit-hours. They will meet as face to face and on-line to equal fifteen (15) sessions during an eight week time period during a regular semester or a six week time period during a summer session. When the courses meet face to face they will be conducted at the West Liberty Highlands Center in Wheeling, WV.
Complete the Degree Plan at the completion of 18 hours. This plan needs to be given to your Graduate Advisor for signature and then submitted to the Director of Graduate Education. You will receive a signed copy in return to confirm the acceptance of your courses and remaining program requirements. Official transcripts are required to be to be sent to WLU’s registrar before any transfer credits can be added to your West Liberty University transcript. Click to download Degree Plan form.
For more information, please contact:
Dr. Li-Wei Peng
Associate Professor and Coordinator of Instructional Technology
West Liberty University Highlands Center
Office Number 227
College Union Box 198
355 Wharton Circle – Suite 200
Triadelphia, WV 26059
304-217-2800 EXT 7