Aids individuals who seek to improve community relationships and community involvement in their organizations. Coursework includes, program development evaluation, fundraising and development, non-profit management, and non-formal education models.
Common Core Courses (18 Credit Hours)
- EDUC 506 Motivation and the Development of Creativity
- EDUC 502 Professional Writing
- EDUC 503 Technology Applications
- EDUC 512 Assessment and Analysis for Teaching – Learning
- EDUC 553 Law and Liability
- EDUC 581 Research and Capstone
Area of Emphasis (12 Credit Hours)
- EDUC 517 Non-Formal Education Models
- EDUC 528 Non-Profit Management
- EDUC 548 Program Development and Evaluation
- EDUC 588 Fundraising and Development
Required Electives (6 Credit Hours)
- EDUC 542 Flexible and Creative Learning Environments
- EDUC 572 Internship
Click to see the complete Graduate Course Descriptions (page 213 – 218).
Click to download the complete Planning Check Sheet (will be available soon).
Each of the classes are 3 credit-hours. They will meet as face to face and on-line to equal fifteen (15) sessions during an eight week time period during a regular semester or a six week time period during a summer session. When the courses meet face to face they will be conducted at the West Liberty Highlands Center in Wheeling, WV.
Complete the Degree Plan at the completion of 18 hours. This plan needs to be given to your Graduate Advisor for signature and then submitted to the Director of Graduate Education. You will receive a signed copy in return to confirm the acceptance of your courses and remaining program requirements. Official transcripts are required to be to be sent to WLU’s registrar before any transfer credits can be added to your West Liberty University transcript. Click to download Degree Plan form.
For more information, please contact:
Director of the Graduate Program
West Liberty University
325B Main Hall
208 University Drive
Campus Union Box 103
West Liberty, WV 26074