Human Subjects Committee Submission Timeline:
- Research proposals for review by Human Subject Committee (HSC) will be accepted between the first and fourth day of the month between September first and April first.
a. Submissions not received by the fourth of the month will be deferred from consideration until the following month
b. A faculty supervisor must be identified if the proposal is a student project.
c. If the study is by more than one person , each individual must be listed. The proposal is to be submitted by only one person.
d. If there are other institutions / agencies involved in the proposal contact information and must be included in the proposal.
- Approval letters will be returned to the investigator by the eighteenth of the month.
- Proposals requiring modifications will be returned to the investigator, with comments, by the eighteenth of the month.
a. Re-submission of modified proposals will follow the aforementioned timeline (step 1)
- The role of the HSC is to insure no humans are harmed by participating in, or being a subject within, a research project.
- The HSC does not determine if the proposed research method is valid.
- The HSC does not determine if the proposed hypothesis is valid.
- The HSC does not read proposals for grammar. However, poorly written proposals will be returned to the investigator for modifications.