Join us for the WLU Homecoming festivities.
We can’t wait to see you!
→Important Homecoming Information←
- Click here for the Homecoming Participation Application ’17
- Click here for the Tent-Table Policy ’17
These forms can be sent to the Alumni Office by:
Email: [email protected]
Campus Mail: Alumni Office – CUB 122
USPS: Ron Witt, WLU Alumni Office, 208 University Drive, CUB 122, West Liberty, WV 26074
For more information, please contact the Alumni Office at 304.336.8888 or email Ron Witt at [email protected]
Homecoming Weekend – Alumni Schedule of Events:
→ Friday, October 13
- WEST LIBERTY UNIVERSITY – 3rd Annual Homecoming Golf Outing
Competition among fraternities and sororities: Theta Xi, Chi Nu, Lambda Chi Alpha, Sigma Beta Chi, Delta Sigs, Kappa Delta Kappa,Chi Omega, Delta Zeta, Alpha Xi Delta.
If we can get 72 golfers we can have a Shot Gun start, otherwise we will have regular starting times. Come on Alumni, let’s get a Shotgun Start…72 GOLFERS!!!!
We need to get Commitments from all golfers… I need to turn in a head count to Highland Springs by Monday, October 9th. Please feel free to email ([email protected]) or call me.
I ordered good weather so there are No Excuses!!
Highland Springs Golf Course
Cost: $25 / Golf & Cart
Time: 10:00 – ?
Checks payable: West Liberty Pgh Alumni
Send to: Chuck Jeswilkowski, 2901 Beacon Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
Drinks and food will be on your own.
Always Hilltoppers Proud, Chuck J’69er
- West Liberty Homecoming Alumni Reunion Party – Undo’s in the Grove – Happy Hour $2.00 beers 5-7 pm, live entertainment beginning at 5:30 pm – dinner specials all night long. Undo’s will also be the homecoming game sponsor on October 14, 2017 West Liberty vs. Glenville State. Come join us. Everyone welcome! Call for more information 304.242.5585.
- WLU Wrestling Alumni Social – West Liberty University wrestling program invites all alumni and their families to attend a social at Generations restaurant and pub in Wheeling, WV. This event will take place Friday October 13 at 7pm. The program will have WLU wrestling alumni shirts for sale during this event as well.
- President’s Recognition Dinner and Alumni Wall of Honor Induction Ceremony at the Highlands Event Center. This is an invitation-only event to honor members of: The John P. McCullough Society, The President’s Circle, The Nathan Shotwell Society, and the Alumni Wall of Honor Class that includes: John Hennen ’70, Katie Kacmarik ’08 and Al Roszczyk ’80.
→ Saturday, October 14
- WLU Alumni Run – Past and present members of the WLU cross-country team will be meeting at 8:30 am in front of Blatnik for a group run. Any and all former XC and track members are welcome to join us. Afterwards, all are welcome to gather at the WLU XC/Track alumni tent located in the homecoming tailgate area (ASRC parking lot).Please contact Tessa Gretchen for more information @ [email protected]
- Food, Music and Games in the ASRC parking lot starting at 10:00 AM. Some of the festivities include inflatables and arts & crafts for the kids; live music by WGLZ and special performances by the WLU Steel Drum Band, WLU African Drumming and the WLU Drumline.
- Homecoming Parade gets underway at 10:30 AM from the West Liberty Volunteer Fire Department.
- Hilltoppers take on Glenville State Football at 1:00 PM at West Family Stadium.
- Halftime ceremonies include special recognition of the Alumni Wall of Honor inductees and the Homecoming King & Queen will be announced.
- Fraternity and Sorority Reunions – There are a number of fraternity and sorority alumni groups reuniting on Saturday as well as several former Athletic teams including baseball, softball, football, wrestling, men’s & women’s basketball, and cross country/track.
- Tailgating in designated areas from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM. It is BYOB, but no glass bottles or kegs are permitted. Must be of legal age (21 years or older) to consume alcohol and no one under the age of 18 will be permitted in the Student Tailgating Area. WLU Officers will patrol the tailgating area. Tailgating will end one hour after the end of the game. All individuals must vacate the tailgating area by this time.
- Hilltop Players’ Inaugural Wall of Fame will honor three longtime professors: Dr. Helen M.T. Kelly, Mr. Stanley Harrison and Mr. John E. Reilly at a special evening event. The ceremony begins at 5:00 PM in Kelly Theatre and will be followed by a reception and a performance of the season opener, “As It Is In Heaven.” There is a special ticket price of $25 that includes the ceremony, the reception and the show. (See below)
- Alumni Post-Homecoming Party at G-Top! All alumni and friends are welcome to attend a gathering at G-Top located just across Rt. 88 from the main campus. There will be food and beverages available for purchase as well as live entertainment from 5-8 PM featuring Ezra and John Banco from the band Hit Play. Note: Due to the anticipated high traffic volume after the football game, a shuttle service will be provided to and from G-Top. People are encouraged to leave their vehicles on campus (in designated shuttle bus parking areas). The shuttle will run from approximately 4:00 until 11:00 PM.
→ Sunday, October 15
- Alumni Choir Concert – The West Liberty University Department of Music and Theatre will be hosting an alumni choir concert at 6:00 PM in College Hall for anyone who sang under the director of Dr. Alfred R. deJaager. De Jaager will assist current Director of Choral Activities Ryan Keeling in the special performance. The event is free and open to the public. (See below)
- ATTENTION FORMER HILLTOPPER FOOTBALL PLAYERS There will be a tent set up in the alumni area for Homecoming, which is set for Oct. 14, 2017. The alumni area is between the fieldhouse and The West Family Stadium player entrance. We are hoping for a great turnout. We will have a sign-in table so we can gather contact info, which will enable us to keep everyone abreast of our efforts to grow this tradition. No reservations are needed but if you have questions you can e-mail Lance LaFollette (Class of ’84) at [email protected]kwoodsfield.com or Rich Brothers (Class of ’83) at [email protected]. There are numerous activities on game day and we plan to have some food and drinks on hand as well. Make your plans today to attend and “GO TOPPERS!!!!!!”
- Hilltop Players – ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!!
Please share! We are trying to reach as many Hilltopper Players as possible.
Because the Hilltop Players have had a long and storied history and it is way past time to start honoring those who have made such significant contributions to this company.
I am pleased to announce that we have a committee that has established the Hilltop Players’ Wall of Fame. The inaugural members of the Hilltop Players’ Wall of Honor will be:
Dr. Helen M.T. Kelly
Mr. Stanley Harrison
Mr. John E. Reilly
These three individuals represent approximately sixty years of teaching at West Liberty, impacting the lives of thousands of students. Their hard work and dedication to establishing, building, and maintaining the standard of education and production excellence that the Hilltop Players are known for make them perfect choices to be the first class of Hilltop Players’ Wall of Fame Honorees.
The ceremony will be on October 14th (Homecoming Weekend) and will start at 5:00pm in the Kelly Theatre. The ceremony will be followed by the unveiling of the new Hilltop Players’ Wall of Fame and a reception with the honored guests. Everyone is encouraged to stay for the Wall of Fame performance of AS IT IS IN HEAVEN (from 7:30-9:30).
There is a ticket price for the ceremony ($25) that includes the ceremony, the reception, and the show. Please contact Meta Lasch at 304.336.8102 or by email [email protected]
- WLU Choir Alumni Invited to Sing Along
Calling all West Liberty University alumni of choirs conducted by Dr. Alfred de Jaager!
The West Liberty University Department of Music and Theater will be hosting an alumni choir concert at 6 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 15 in College Hall for anyone who sang under the direction of Dr. Alfred R. deJaager. The concert is part of Homecoming 2017 weekend festivities.
De Jaager will assist current Director of Choral Activities Ryan Keeling in the performance.
He was the longtime director of Choral Activities at West Liberty and an associate professor of music. Dr. de Jaager joined West Liberty in August 1966 and retired in 2014, when he moved to Cambodia.
At West Liberty, he directed the University Chorus, the Madrigal Choir, the Concert Choir and the Opera Workshop. He also taught conducting and music literature classes. de Jaager was given the Award of Excellence by The American Choral Directors Association of West Virginia in 2002 and received the 2006 Professor of the Year award from the West Liberty State College Student Government Association.
He is a former resident of Bethlehem, W.Va. and was born in Paterson, N.J.
Looking for a place to stay?
For additional information:
Go online at: http://westliberty.edu/alumni/homecoming-october-14-2017 or WLU Connect: https://wluconnect.com. You may also contact the Alumni Office at 304.336.8888 or email: [email protected] for more Homecoming information.