The Community University at West Liberty offers stimulating learning opportunities to people age 55 and older. The Community University is an organization with volunteer presenters that engages older adults as learners. Community University programs are shaped by presenters’ and learners’ interests and include study topics from the arts and literature, sciences and technology, history, religion, business and commerce, current events – and other suggested topics (excluding “arts and crafts” activities).
West Liberty University invites you to join the trip of a lifetime with a June 2018 cruise led by Letty’s Cuba Travel Agency. Planned and promoted by the WLU Florida Alumni Chapter and the WLU Alumni office, the four-night trip offers the best of travel aboard the Empress of the Seas, Royal Caribbean International cruise line. Trip sails June 2 – 6, 2018 from Tampa to Key West and on to Havana, Cuba … then cruising back to Tampa. Ocean View Stateroom is $689 per person double. Balcony Stateroom starts at $1,654 per person double. But you must make your deposit by Sept. 7, 2017! (Full payment due by Jan. 15, 2018. Make checks payable to: Lett’s Cuba, LLC.) Join your alumni friends as we experience Cuban culture at its best!
Caribbean Island Excitement
Havana is known for its pastel houses, 1950-era cars, cigars, Spanish-colonial architecture, Salsa music, great food, drinks and beautiful scenery! Letty Annett, president of Letty’s Cuba and wife of Charlie Annett ’66, is proud to offer her team of specialists to take WLU to the Caribbean! Join us and enjoy this fabulous trip! Prices include stateroom taxes, fees, port expenses and gratuities. Alumni, family and friends are welcome! We can’t wait!
For complete information, please contact [email protected] or call 954.368.0546 or call the WLU Alumni Office at 304.336.8888. You are sure to love the friendly, welcoming Cuban people and the classy cruising of the Empress of the Sea!
WLU Florida Alumni Chapter
Cuba Cruise – 4-nights
Sailing June 2, 2018 – June 6, 2018
Ocean View Stateroom – $689 Per Person Double
$100 – Deposit by September 7, 2017
Full Payment Due by January 15, 2018
For more information, please call 954.368.0546
Join us for the WLU Homecoming festivities. We can’t wait to see you!
→Important Homecoming Information←
- Click here for the Homecoming Participation Application ’17
- Click here for the Tent-Table Policy ’17
These forms can be sent to the Alumni Office by:
Email: [email protected]
Campus Mail: Alumni Office – CUB 122
USPS: Ron Witt, WLU Alumni Office, 208 University Drive, CUB 122, West Liberty, WV 26074
For more information, please contact the Alumni Office at 304.336.8888 or email Ron Witt at [email protected]
- WEST LIBERTY UNIVERSITY – 3rd Annual Homecoming Golf Outing
Competition among fraternities and sororities: Theta Xi, Chi Nu, Lambda Chi Alpha, Sigma Beta Chi, Delta Sigs, Kappa Delta Kappa,Chi Omega, Delta Zeta, Alpha Xi Delta.
If we can get 72 golfers we can have a Shot Gun start, otherwise we will have regular starting times. Come on Alumni, let’s get a Shotgun Start…72 GOLFERS!!!!
We need to get Commitments from all golfers… I need to turn in a head count to Highland Springs by Monday, October 9th. Please feel free to email ([email protected]) or call me.
I ordered good weather so there are No Excuses!!
Friday, October 13, 2017
Highland Springs Golf Course
Cost: $25 / Golf & Cart
Time: 10:00 – ?
Checks payable: West Liberty Pgh Alumni
Send to: Chuck Jeswilkowski, 2901 Beacon Way, Pittsburgh, PA 15241
Drinks and food will be on your own.
Always Hilltoppers Proud, Chuck J’69er
- ATTENTION FORMER HILLTOPPER FOOTBALL PLAYERS There will be a tent set up in the alumni area for Homecoming, which is set for Oct. 14, 2017. The alumni area is between the fieldhouse and The West Family Stadium player entrance. We are hoping for a great turnout. We will have a sign-in table so we can gather contact info, which will enable us to keep everyone abreast of our efforts to grow this tradition. No reservations are needed but if you have questions you can e-mail Lance LaFollette (Class of ’84) at [email protected] or Rich Brothers (Class of ’83) at [email protected]. There are numerous activities on game day and we plan to have some food and drinks on hand as well. Make your plans today to attend and “GO TOPPERS!!!!!!”
- WLU Alumni Run – Past and present members of the WLU cross-country team will be meeting at 8:30 am in front of Blatnik on October 14 for a group run. Any and all former XC and track members are welcome to join us. Afterwards, all are welcome to gather at the WLU XC/Track alumni tent located in the homecoming tailgate area (ASRC parking lot).Please contact Tessa Gretchen for more information @ [email protected]
- Hilltop Players – ATTENTION!!! ATTENTION!!!!
Please share! We are trying to reach as many Hilltopper Players as possible.
Because the Hilltop Players have had a long and storied history and it is way past time to start honoring those who have made such significant contributions to this company.
I am pleased to announce that we have a committee that has established the Hilltop Players’ Wall of Fame. The inaugural members of the Hilltop Players’ Wall of Honor will be:
Dr. Helen M.T. Kelly
Mr. Stanley Harrison
Mr. John E. Reilly
These three individuals represent approximately sixty years of teaching at West Liberty, impacting the lives of thousands of students. Their hard work and dedication to establishing, building, and maintaining the standard of education and production excellence that the Hilltop Players are known for make them perfect choices to be the first class of Hilltop Players’ Wall of Fame Honorees.
The ceremony will be on October 14th (Homecoming Weekend) and will start at 5:00pm in the Kelly Theatre. The ceremony will be followed by the unveiling of the new Hilltop Players’ Wall of Fame and a reception with the honored guests. Everyone is encouraged to stay for the Wall of Fame performance of AS IT IS IN HEAVEN (from 7:30-9:30).
There is a ticket price for the ceremony ($25) that includes the ceremony, the reception, and the show. Please contact Meta Lasch at 304.336.8102 or by email [email protected]