West Liberty University will hold its Spring 2015 Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, May 9, at 11:00 a.m., in the Academic, Sports and Recreation Complex (ASRC). Doors will open for seating at 9:30 a.m. Tickets are not required.
“Night at the Oscars”
6:30 pm April 25, 2015
Glessner Auditorium, Oglebay Resort
All proceeds from the event will support the David T. Javersak Liberal Arts Scholarship. Dr. Javersak joined the faculty in 1969 and served as the Dean of the School of Liberal Arts from 1986 – 2007. He is now Dean Emeritus of the School of Liberal Arts.
For More Information: westliberty.edu/greatgala
This Event Has Been Cancelled.
When: April 23, 2015 starting at 5 p.m.
Where: Wilson Lodge, Fort Henry Room, Oglebay Resort
5 PM | VIP Package – $100
- 1-1 Time with the Author
- Complimentary Book – “This Dark Road to Mercy”
- Book Signing
- Author Presentation
6 PM | General Admission – $50
- Author Presentation
- Option to Purchase Pre-Signed Book – “This Dark Road to Mercy”
* Both ticket options include hors d’oeuvres buffet and open wine, beer and soda bar.
This event is sponsored by Associate Professor Emeritus of English John Cole with proceeds to benefit the WLU College of Liberal Arts.
Checks: Payable to the WLU Foundation. Please reference Wiley Cash on the memo line of the check.
Mail checks to:
WLU Office of Institutional Advancement
208 University Drive, CUB 133 ”
West Liberty, WV 26074
Information & Tickets: 304.336.8888
- Notable Science Ceremony: Friday, October 10 @ 12PM *
- Benefactor’s Gala: Friday, October 10, Capitol Music Hall Ball Room,Wheeling, WV *
- Wall of Honor: Saturday, October 11, 9AM, Gary E. West Event Center *
- Tailgate Lots Open: Saturday, October 11, 10AM, Visit the Forever Hilltopper Alumni Tent!
- WLU v. Fairmont: Saturday, October 11, 1PM
* These events are by separate invitation only.
A new granite bench was purchased and dedicated to the memory of Alumnus James R. Degenhart ’69 on Saturday, Sept. 14, 2013, prior to the Hilltoppers vs. Glenville State football game. The beautiful bench is located in a shaded spot, near Shotwell Hall on the busy quad and will be enjoyed by students, alumni and staff, long into the future.
Present for the dedication were members of the Pittsburgh Alumni Chapter, their family and friends.
Director of Alumni Relations Shane Stack thanked the Pittsburgh Chapter for their generosity and ongoing support of West Liberty University and welcomed them back to their Alma Mater during the ceremony.