- City Theatre Young Playwrights Program
City Theatre, in partnership with the Center for Arts & Education at West Liberty University, will offer its Young Playwrights Program to educators in Brooke, Hancock, Marshall, Ohio and Wetzel counties during the 2013-2014 academic year.
- The Space I’m In
The Space I’m In is a series of interactive objects and learning tools that relate human experience to the world around us—much in the same way the visitor interacts with site-specific installations artworks at the Mattress Factory. This project engages many different disciplines such as math, science, language and the arts.
- Digital Media Design and Digital Media Arts Teacher Institute
June 18 – June 22, 2012
The Digital Media Arts Institute is a free 5-day interactive program open to high school teachers interested in graphic design and digital media arts. The Institute will be presented by West Liberty University with support from the Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation.
- Integrating Dance & Science in the Classroom
June 11 – June 15, 2012 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Integrating Dance and Science in the Classroom, is a 5-day interactive program open to teachers (3rd through 12th grade). The free program will be presented by West Liberty University, in partnership with the Appalachian Education Initiative. The program is supported by a grant from the Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation.
- The Art & Science of Imagination and Innovation Pre-College Program
June 24 – June 29, 2012
The Art & Science of Imagination and Innovation is a 5-day interactive pre-college program open to high school students. The program will be presented by West Liberty University with support from the Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation.
- With Partners: Continue to develop partnerships that benefit WLU (faculty, staff, and students) and provide programs and resources to our audiences (PreK-12 teachers, administrators, parents, teaching artists, and others); Expand existing relationships. Examples:
- Arts Education Collaborative – Offer Curriculum Frameworks Workshop(s) for visual art and music educators. WLU students will also participate.
- Pittsburgh Children’s Museum – Establish a “Make Shop” on campus; Provide workshops for teachers and others interested in the concept. Provide opportunities for WLU students to be engaged and create Museum exhibits at local Wheeling Children’s Museum.
- Warhol Museum – Complete training on their silkscreen program; Offer “Silkscreen Saturdays” for teachers to learn how to use the equipment and implement the program in their classrooms; Provide opportunities for WLU students to engage and use the equipment.
- CREATE Lab at Carnegie Mellon University Robotics Institute – GigaPan Project.
- Kennedy Center – Offer additional seminars and workshop on campus.